Set intranet security to FullTrust by code

Fritz

Freshman
To access an application on a shared network folder, you need to adjust frameworks intranet security to fulltrust. Of course you can do this with the ConfigWizards. But now I want to simplify the procedure for the clients, creating a little tool, which does the same automatically.

So how can I set the local intranet access to fulltrust by code, supposing that framework is already installed?

Must be something with System.security.Permissions / SecurityManager

Still found no solution. I only managed to call the Config.Wizards.exe, but that's not really what I want. I would like to set up the local intranet zone to fulltrust at once, without the user having to search around anymore.

Maybe someone could at least tell me, if this is possible or not.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your reply. I have read something about this caspol, but up to now I just could not figure out, how to handle it. To me it seems very very complicated. And beside of that, as far as I understood, it doesn't really exactly the same as the Config.Wizard, it seems to create some code group, but I only want to change the existing security setting. Or am I all wrong? Well, anyway, I don't know how to enter in this caspol from within my app-code. Microsoft help only confuses me.

I got it!

As usual, if you look for something you don't know yet, you think it is very complicated. But the solution is quite simple:

I just had to open the administrative tool for the Framework configuration and there is an assistent to build an msi file which can be used for distribution of the configuration.

Works fine from over the shared folder on W98, W2000 and XP. Think for Me and NT will be no problem neither.

Fritz ;)

Fritz said:
I got it!

As usual, if you look for something you don't know yet, you think it is very complicated. But the solution is quite simple:

I just had to open the administrative tool for the Framework configuration and there is an assistent to build an msi file which can be used for distribution of the configuration.

Works fine from over the shared folder on W98, W2000 and XP. Think for Me and NT will be no problem neither.

Fritz ;)

Can I have a copy of the msi file please?

bugiman64 said:
Can I have a copy of the msi file please?

Sorry, I cannot send attachments here. Also it's quite a while since I wrote this and there might be better solutions meanwhile - and also newer versions of the FW.

But you really can do it quite easy with the wizard.

Fritz said:
Sorry, I cannot send attachments here. Also it's quite a while since I wrote this and there might be better solutions meanwhile - and also newer versions of the FW.

But you really can do it quite easy with the wizard.

Did you select Enterprise, Machine or User under security level to deploy?

Back