Session Timeout for .NET area of classic ASP/.NET mixed project

Daspoo

Regular
Hey all. I've got a situation I'm hoping someone has experienced or can at least shed some light on. (Thanks in advance!..heh)

I've got an ASP.NET project which has both classic ASP and ASP.NET pages in it. The project is about 95% classic ASP (for customer purposes), with the remaining 5% being ASP.NET for reporting functionality. When the user logs into the application, they do so by accessing a classic ASP login page, and immediately following their submission of the username/pwd, the session variables for the .asp side are set and then a separate login.aspx page is called to set the session variables on the .NET side of the app.

My problem is: it seems that if the user, after logging in, does not run a report within the app (i.e., access a .aspx page) for the length of the session timeout period (20 mins.), the session is still considered open for the classic ASP side, but timed-out for the .NET side.

Is this also related to the fact that classic ASP and ASP.NET cannot share session variables? Can they not share session states either (or is that question redundant)? And if this is the case, does anyone have suggestions as to how I can maintain the session on the .NET side as the user navigates through the classic ASP side?

Thanks again for the assistance!

Back