Series of HTML Tables

praveensg

Newcomer
Friends,
I am new to this forum and Im seeking your help for a problem :(.

Well, I am trying to draw a series of HTML Tables (control) based on certain conditions. Basically, there is a loop which iterates different number of times based on the value of a variable(grabbed from SQL DB). Now the number of times I need to draw this table is not known to me b4hand. However, I need to reference an HTML Table control in the presentation of the page. My problem is how do I change the ID of the table dynamically so that I have n tables?

Hope I conveyed my problem properly :D

-Praveen

wessamzeidan said:
I'm not sure if I understood your question, but you can use a datalist...

I thought so..

Well I have this function say 'DrawTable' that draws tables one after the other. I'm quite new to ASP.Net, so keeping the presentation and function is a little difficult for me:D Anyways, as I understand, I need to put my HTML Table control in my html which I did. Now I need to have 'n' such tables but I do not know how many I would be having beforehand. I'm feeding the table in my function DrawTable for which I need to reference the table using its ID, correct? Now how do I reference the table (presentation) using different IDs everytime?

By the way, can u elaborate on the datalist method?

Back