Separate Web And application server ... How ?

takesoln

Newcomer
Hi ...

How do i have My application and my IIS in two different machines ?

Will i get any performance gains ?

My hypothesis is, if i have an extra processor and an extra RAM, It would boost the performance ... WILL IT ???

Let me know ... :cool:

Bye

To my knowledge you cant do that (Someone correct me if i'm wrong)
You cant divorce your web app from IIS, normally when you break up servers you normally keep Database servers seperate from web servers.

Superfly , Do you mean to say that My Application Server Should necessarily be my Web Server ? if so why? I tried creating a virtual directory in my IIS , for an application which resides in another machine. The directory gets created with an error after asking for the remote machine's username and password and a password confirmation ... can you tell me why ?

Well... it'll probably work... but remember that there's data coming from your app and IIS. If the data don't travel on a secured wire... it'll some risk.

But tell if you happen to figure out how it works. I'm interested to know who you make it work (if it ever happen).

There's nothing stopping you from using a network share on a remote computer. IIS has it clearly listed as an option. Just make sure you have the NTFS permissions set correctly.

Back