Sending mail using CDOSYS.dll

yraykar

Freshman
Hi All,

I have a helper class which uses the CDOSYS.dll for sending the mail. When i test the asp.net application using the development environment(WINXP) i get mails.

When i deploy the application ontarget machine(Windows 2003), the mails go sometimes and does not go sometimes. Does Microsoft CDO for windows 2000 works on 2003. On target machine it sends the mail sporadically that is it sends sometimes and does not sometimes. The mail sending is not consistent enough.

Please help me in identifying the problem.

Regards
Yashasvi

Is the System.Web.Mail.Smtp class not doing what you need?

As far as your problem there may be a differance between the two operating systems in the way they work, try seeing if you can use just .NET to do it using the specified namespace above, if .NET doesn't have the same issue then it's probably a differance in dll versions. That's my best guess.

Cdo

Hi,

It does not seem like it is the problem with the DLL. Because i tried with the System.Web.Mail stuff, and i got a 1 day delay in receiving mails.

Above that when i traced the queue in Exchange server, using CDO the mails, are going to exchange server queue. But the recepients are not receiving it. So i think it is not a problem with the DLL.

One more thought the Exchange server is receiving the host address of sender as "local", can this cause a problem. The sys admin thinks so, but he is not sure.

Thanks

Regards
Yashasvi

yraykar said:
One more thought the Exchange server is receiving the host address of sender as "local", can this cause a problem. The sys admin thinks so, but he is not sure.

I'd say that's probablly the problem, the reveiving host address should be user in the exchange system...john.doe, or something like that, using the dll can you set a 'from' address?

Host as local

Hi,

I was able to set the sender address (or From). But still the exchange server is receiving the "local" in the host server address.

The from address is a valid user in the exchange server.

Regards
Yashasvi

Back