Seeking resources to create new web browser toolbar

Rankun

Newcomer
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I have been pounding forums and google to no avail.

I am looking for any resource (book, sample code, guide, link, etc..)

I have seen several answers to this question but they all lead to things like configuring IE custom toolbars , adding buttons to IE toolbar, code in C++, toolbars for forms.

Here is what I want to do.

Create a new toolbar (toolband) to add to my internet explorer browser. (Must be in VB.net)

Basic look will be like the google toolbar, except it will have a dropdown box
that pulls data (URL's) from an access database on my web server. When you select an URL from the dropdown list it will open that website in a new browser window. ***See attached example***

I have already written the code for my linkserver (thanks to all the dotnetforum gurus for thier help).

Sorry if this sounds demanding, pulling my hair out looking for any information.

Thanks, Rankun

Attachments

Firefox!!!

Rankun said:
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I have been pounding forums and google to no avail.

I am looking for any resource (book, sample code, guide, link, etc..)

I have seen several answers to this question but they all lead to things like configuring IE custom toolbars , adding buttons to IE toolbar, code in C++, toolbars for forms.

Here is what I want to do.

Create a new toolbar (toolband) to add to my internet explorer browser. (Must be in VB.net)

Basic look will be like the google toolbar, except it will have a dropdown box
that pulls data (URL's) from an access database on my web server. When you select an URL from the dropdown list it will open that website in a new browser window. ***See attached example***

I have already written the code for my linkserver (thanks to all the dotnetforum gurus for thier help).

Sorry if this sounds demanding, pulling my hair out looking for any information.

Thanks, Rankun

Is this an assignment? If not and you have flexibility, I would strongly consider Firefox instead of IE; you can find a ton of help on writing extensions, and furthermore, if you're just wanting results there are a lot of people that will write extensions just for the fun of it... although that's the lazy (and boring) way out.

If you're considering Firefox, check out the Extension Mirror; it may give you some ideas, but will also give you some names of people who write a ton of extensions. Then cruise over to the support forums. Here's your links:
My favorite; includes extensions, forums, FAQs:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?act=idx

This forum has a ton of info, but isn't checked for Dupes very well, so is sometimes hard to find.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/

Hopefully you have some flexibility, and if so, hope that helps!

Back