Security Policy Message

shootsnlad

Freshman
I hope this is the write group to post this in. I have a program that I want the deploy onto one of our network drives. The database resides on the network, so I would like the program to also. When I run the program from my hard drive, referencing the database on the network, it works fine. When I run the program from the network drive, referencing the database in the same folder on the network drive, I get the following:
The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. The operation required the SecurityException. To grant this application the required permission, please contact your system administrator, our use the Microsoft .NET security policy administration tool.

Now, I'm not familiar with the .NET security policy administration tool, so I thought I'd ask for some help one this. Thanks.

shootsnlad

You have to adjust the system policies. If you have a 2000/XP pc you can do this with the "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.X Configuration Tool" available under the "Administration tools";
here you can see all the options about your system security.
There are different policies for the "local" assemblies and the "local intranet" assemblies. If you select "ALL CODE" key, with full trust permission you can run every assembly.

With Windows 98 you have to browse your drive C under the subfolder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.X.XXXX and run the "ConfigWizard" application. This wizard allows you to trust a single assembly or set the permissions for the network and the local assembly.
I'm sure that if you watch this tools you could find all information you are seeking for :)

I know tha my english is not perfect but i really hope that this helps!

Mark

Back