Security Policy Administration Tool

Mark

Newcomer
Hi all. First sorry for my English, im italian....be patient :)
I have realized a simple application with VB.NET on my pc (Win XP, VB.NET Standard 2002) that by a button pressing shows some information on the display (pc name, user name etc.)
If i try to run this application on another pc with windows 2000 it works correctly, but in a pc with windows 98 it doesn't work and this message appears:

"The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security
policy. The operation required SecurityException. To grant this appication the
required permission please contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft
.NET security policy administration tool."
After this message the application closes itself.

Framework 1.1 is present on both computers.
On my pc, under "Administration tools" i find "MS Framework 1.1 configuration", with some keys about security, policies etc.
I would like to know what i have to do to solve this message, because i'd like to run this application with 98/me/nt/2000/xp systems.

Thank you in advance and....good coding!

Bye

Have the policies on the machines affected been modified from the defaults? If they haven't there is absolutely no reason as to why those executables should be throwing any security exceptions.

Runtime Security Policy | Machine | Code Groups | All_Code | My_Computer_Zone

Make sure that's set to the "Full Trust" permission set.

Here is midnight. Tomorrow morning i will try your suggestion.
If i understood i have to modify the policy option of the target machine; but i have installed Framework 1.1 normally, without any modify to its option. However THANK YOU

I will inform you about (i hope :) ) success.

Thank you again

I tried to configure my pc as you have suggested(All Code - Full Trust) a then to remake the application file.
Now it works correctly also in the pc with Windows 98.

So i have to set this option once on my pc (develop) and NOT in all target pcs, right??

In this target machine, in the windows/framework/config subfolder, i find an application (Configuration Wizard) that allows to modify some properties of any application in the system.
What is its utility?
Thank you again !

Ok, thank you for your answer.
But in the machines with windows 98 i haven't the "MS Framework configuration", but only a "Configuration Wizard" that seems to allow to modify any application security permission of every application, one by one.
In every caso now, thank to you, i know that i havo to set the correct policy on every client.
Thank you again and sorry if i was too hard to understand !!

Back