Security Issues

patrick24601

Freshman
I am getting the following error when trying to open and read a file:

PHP:
Access is denied. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error: 

Line 63:         ' Connect to the correct Authorization Manager store and application within the store
Line 64:         Dim store As New AzAuthorizationStoreClass
Line 65:         store.Initialize(0, "msxml://c:\inetpub\wwwroot\lwd\secure\lwdsazman.xml")
Line 66:         ' store.Initialize(0, "msxml://c:\secure\lwdsazman.xml")
Line 67:         Dim app As IAzApplication = store.OpenApplication("lwds", "")

I have gone through and added the ASP.NET machine account able to read every directory in that path and also the XML file itself.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Patrick

What about MACHINENAME_IWAM account...does it have permission to? sometimes that causes permission issues.

Back