SDK Support in VS.NET 2003

respho

Newcomer
Hi, could someone please tell me whether I've done something wrong.

I have VS.NET and VS.NET 2003. I installed DX9SDK, and the SDK installation has placed the C#, C++ and VB Wizards under the VS.NET IDE. But now I want the Wizards in the VS.NET 2003 environment. I want to know does the SDK support VS.NET 2003 by default or is M$ still going to release the Wizards for them?

How about the other features such as shader debugging in the VS.NET IDE? Does anyone know how to integrate these SDK features into VS.NET 2003?

I've tried to uninstalled VS.NET because I no longer needed it. Then I reinstalled DX9SDK but it does not place any Wizards into the IDE. It seems that the SDK does not recognise the new VS.NET 2003 at all.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

nope

actually directX 9.0 has wizards and samples
but when you fully uninstall that, and get rid of the samples and wizards, and THEN you install directX 9.0a there's no samples/wizards
the reason you have to get rid of the sample/wizards from directX 9.0, to prove that there's no samples/wizards in 9.0a is because if you have both, 9.0a will still recognize the old wizards/samples

the bottom line is:
its not vs.net 2003,
its the new version of the SDK

If what you say is right then I'm screwed, because I uninstalled DX9SDK unsuccessfully and I just deleted the files myself, then I installed DX9aSDK...

But on the DX9SDK install options list I no longer see Visual Studio 7 wizards anymore. It's as if the SDK installation does not see a copy of VS.NET 2003 in the system at all...

Thanks.

Hello, no matter how many times I install/uninstall DX9SDK or DX9aSDK I still don't get the "VS.NET Wizard" option in the install list.

At the end I ended up copying the wizard files to the VS.NET 2003 directories myself. Then I found an article on MSDN on migrating wizards from VS 7.0 to VS 7.1 (just renaming a certain class in the wizard file) and it worked again.

Also what baffles me is the lack of documentation integration with VS.NET 2003, but downloading the "VS.NET 2003 doc integration fix" seems to work.

I am happy now.

Thanks for all your help.

oh.

respho said:
Hello, no matter how many times I install/uninstall DX9SDK or DX9aSDK I still don't get the "VS.NET Wizard" option in the install list.

At the end I ended up copying the wizard files to the VS.NET 2003 directories myself. Then I found an article on MSDN on migrating wizards from VS 7.0 to VS 7.1 (just renaming a certain class in the wizard file) and it worked again.

Also what baffles me is the lack of documentation integration with VS.NET 2003, but downloading the "VS.NET 2003 doc integration fix" seems to work.

I am happy now.

Thanks for all your help.

i thought the prob was only for the new version of DirectX

;)
can u tell me the name of the directory of the wizard files and vs.net

Back