scroll controls

programmer_1

Newcomer
Hi, I am developing an editor program using rtb in vb.net. Now, i hav added some controls in it using rtb.controls.add statement and i want to scroll these controls with scrollbar(vertical). Is it possible to do it? if yes then how can i start?

Hi there,
Do you want the textbox to consist of scrollbars? Since then you don't have to add them, you can then dis-/enable them in the property page of the rtb. (named Scrollbars and you can set it to both, horizontal, vertical, force horizontal etc.)

Otherwise you can add multiple controls to a usercontrol or add them to a panel.
Here you can add the VScrollBar. Now you can dock it to the right (as default in most programs) and handle the scroll event (with e.newvalue and e.oldvalue in the event arguments you can determine how far you want your controls moved) You can then adjust the location property of the controls contained within the panel or usercontrol.

~ DP

DPrometheus thnx for ur reply. I dont want to use panel or usercontrol. I want to add functionality in richtextbox to scroll controls added inside richtextbox. I hav read somewhere that autoscrolloffset property can be used to scroll controll child controls added in a scrolling control but i dont know how to use it.

it says in the wiki that if no tag then it uses defaults of 60 pixels per second, so one part of my rss - home_rss dont have the scroll tag but the second part - home_rss2 has it in all 3 controls, do i have to use it in both or it should work as is?

Back