Saving info

Scooter

Freshman
I have created a simple order form on our intranet for our salespeople consisting of textboxes, checkboxes, and some dropdown boxes. Is there a way to take the information they enter and select and save it so that they may come back to it at a later date and make revisions without having to redo a whole new form. I'm fairly new at Visual Basic programming and ASP.net. Thanks.

I've tried this before and for some reason whenever I try to link any info from a db to my web page I get an error. I have the oledbadapter and connections setup and everything. Do I need to save the db to the server folder in order to make it work?

For one of my forms, I have a dropdown box with some tax codes in it. Next to it I have an empty textbox. What I want to do is to take whatever taxcode is chosen and put the corresponding tax rate in the textbox. I have the tax code and rates in a seperate database(Access).(Easier to change rates in a database since they change often.) I may be doing it wrong but here's what I'm doing: First I connect to the database in Server Explorer, then I select a provider(Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider), then I create a data adapter, finally I create a dataset. After that I try to use bound controls to make it all work. (I'm fairly new at this so I'm using a book to guide and help me.) I can get it to work on just a regular form but when I try to do it to a web page I run into problems. I'm not sure if I have the DB in the wrong place(does it need to be on the server?) or if I need to use a different avenue since this is asp.net.
Any help or references would be appreciated.

I'm sorry, I don't know where my head was at, my above reply was in answer to another question on a different post. To answer your question, basically, what I've created is an order form for our salespeople on our intranet. What it allows them to do is fill out the sheet according to what the customer requests. It works fine as is right now, but if a customer a week down the road wants to make a change on his order our salespeople have to refill out the whole sheet as opposed to changing whatever the customer wants, since the form cannot be saved. I'm not sure how to go about making this happen. (Saving information typed into textboxes, checkboxes, radiobuttonlists, and dropdownlists)

No, that's what I want to know how to do. Essentially that's what I would like to happen. Right now any entries they make are not saved, they just print them out before they clear the screen. I'm not sure how to go about saving the info in a database.

Back