Running a .Net programm without the .net framework

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrisis
  • Start date Start date
C

Chrisis

Hello,

I finished a project in Visual Basic.net and now I tried to get it working on a Pc without the .net framework on a windows 2000/xp system. It didn't work !

Does anybody know if it's possible to create a setup programm which installs the required files on the windows system or another way without installing the framework ??

Thanks in advance !!

Chris

Read some older threads before asking.

To run a program created with VS.NET the target machine NEEDS to have the .net framework installed.

Somewhere on MSDN is an article explaining how to include the .net framework in your setup package.

I tried to find something out but I didn't managed it. Is there anybody who had the same problem and managed it or does somebody have the knowledge to tell me ?

.NET Framework Install

My understanding is that the .NET Framework has to be installed seperately from the deployment of your project. When VS first came out in beta they tried to make it work together and ran into problems when they needed to update the Framework. It is a bummer but I am thinking the next OS after XP which everyone buys will include this framework and it will become a part of the normal part of the computer world.

just out of curiosity, can you download the entire .NET framework files and then put them on the CD along with your app? Then it is already downloaded when you have to install you app on a machine without the .NET framework and don't have to wait to download it.

I was faced the same problem and I still don't know how to solve the problem.

I need to install the .NET Framework to all the workstation? How to include the .NET Framework in Setup Package?

I think .NET Framework will get a lot of space just for run a simple .NET program... that mean .NET is not a good choice for developed simple program recently?

Please read the complete thread.
In the near future all Windows installation will come with the .net framework. Until then you will have to install the framework yourself before you can deploy your own program.

I think .NET Framework will get a lot of space just for run a simple .NET program... that mean .NET is not a good choice for developed simple program recently?
But it only will have to be installed once, when installed it can run all .NET programs

I don't know how you can consider 20MB "a lot of space" when current hard drives are exceeding the 100GB mark. Even if you're working in an archaic environment with 4GB hard drives chances are there's plenty of space.

The problem now is, I just use .NET to create a 50KB small application, but finally I need quite more space to install .NET Framework before my small program can run.... this is what I trying to say....

Back