Replacement for MSINET.OCX?

CFAddict

Newcomer
I'm currently using VB.NET 2003 to build an interface between an ActiveX control and IE6. In the past, I used MSINET.OCX in VB6 to get to IE but this control doesn't seem to be around anymore. Is there a control I should be using that replaces MSINET or should I just register that contol on my XP box and move on? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

What exactly where you using the control for? If you just want to drive IE you can reference the SHDOCVW.DLL, if you are trying to access network servers then have a look under System.Net for several useful classes.

e.g. WebClient, TCPClient

I'm basically trying to build an application that joins a web based app (through IE6) and a 3rd party desktop application (using their ActiveX control). I thought I might be able to pass data back and fourth through the desktop app to/from IE6. The desired end result is a a hotkey keystroke in the 3rd party desktop app that passes a string to a form on a page in IE6 and forces an HTML post. At that point the web app can do it's thing, displaying the result. Should I be approaching this a different way? I'm open to suggestions. Thans!

Back