remoting takes a long time to connect

arir2

Newcomer
Hi,

I have a problem with .net object remoting client hosted in IE when it tries to call a remote function; it takes a really loooong time to have the call lands in the remote function – it always takes about 2 minutes!. This problem doesn’t happen if that same .net object is hosted in ordinary application(e.g. in windows form or console application).

Is there someone knows what's the problem with this?

Tx in advanced

I don't have right solution but, this sounds like the problem I had with flash and sql server..

I think when client call for the function, it will go around all the network over the world to find the object.

It seems like same problem if you don't set server=localhost in connection string for Sql server.. It takes loooong time to connect..

The solution for the problem I think, you have to look up right call.. which means full name ..or.. setting server location..

I hope this can remind any solution...

Post your solution after you found it..

I think that's the problem, many ms apps try to solve problem, which is nice, but the problem is they don't give any hint about what they are doing.

However this doesn't happen when the SAME library to connect is used by ordinary application, only when it is used by .net object hosted in IE (oh yah, the connection setting is also included in the library, the caller (ordinary app or .net object hosted in IE) just call the function in library without parameter at all). So there should be some thing different regarding the network handling between ordinary application and IE. I'll try to find it out, meantime is there some one already knows how IE handles this differently?

Tx again in advance

Back