[solved] Referenced Assembly-DLL not up-to-date

Hi,
I have the following setup:

Solution 1
Project A
Project B

Solution 2
Project C

Now I have a reference to Project A in the Project C. The problem now is that the version of the build project A is an old one which is referenced in project C.
Example: i added a new class in project A. reference the DLL in project C and the new method does not appear. even if I delete all the DLLs and build again.
Can anybody help me out. thanks!

Last edited:
I have personally found with my Visual Studio that it is necessary to not only replace the dll, but to remove and re-add the reference for any additional changes to be spotted. I'm not sure if it's designed to be like that or just a bug, but hopefully removing the reference and re-adding it should solve your problem.

Are you referencing the dll output from Project A in Project C? If so are you sure you a referencing the correct file - if you remove the reference and then re-create it does that help?

Also have you tried adding Project A to Solution 2 and setting the reference up that way?

thank you for your quick reply.
I have allready tried a lot of thing. i also tried to remove everything including the reference and recompile and then add the reference again. also tried restarting VS, etc.. nothing worked for me.

I could try to add the project A in solution 2 but I dont want that this will be the solution. i want to know why this is not working in the other way because it should ;)

any further ideas?

I have no other suggestions, other than to make yourself 100% sure that all copies of the old dll have been deleted. I once had a problem where an old version of the dll was being copied local from an old instance of the project that I had completely forgotten was there.

oh no!!!! sorry for that guys... thats it.
the class had no modifier so it was private. SORRY!
problem solved now. i think its better to go home now for me.

Back