question regarding the listbox and datasource

jw5453

Newcomer
I've just started using VB recently so forgive me if i did not use any correct terminologies

I am creating a program that will allow me to add items from one listbox1 and into another listbox2 and by clicking a button, i can save items from listbox2 into my datasource (my microsoft access table).

Now my problem is , if i want to retrieve the datasource back to the listbox2 by clicking another button, how can i do it?
I know i can't set the datasource and displaymember of listbox2 from the properties at the "design" window because by doing this way , i cant add items into listbox2 from listbox1.

I have tried ways like , creating a button and by clicking that button , then it will set the datasource and displaymember but i encountered syntax error while trying.

Can some one tell me the codes to populate Listbox2 from a datasource by using codes(syntax)

Thanks for your help!

jw5453 said:
I've just started using VB recently so forgive me if i did not use any correct terminologies

I am creating a program that will allow me to add items from one listbox1 and into another listbox2 and by clicking a button, i can save items from listbox2 into my datasource (my microsoft access table).

Now my problem is , if i want to retrieve the datasource back to the listbox2 by clicking another button, how can i do it?
I know i can't set the datasource and displaymember of listbox2 from the properties at the "design" window because by doing this way , i cant add items into listbox2 from listbox1.

I have tried ways like , creating a button and by clicking that button , then it will set the datasource and displaymember but i encountered syntax error while trying.

Can some one tell me the codes to populate Listbox2 from a datasource by using codes(syntax)

Thanks for your help!
If a listbox.Datasource is bound to an object, you don't manipulate the listbox items directly, add the items to whatever object the listbox.Datasource is bound to.

Back