Query on load Event

niall29

Freshman
I am still stuck at getting a datagrid to export to an Excel file. I have found ways to do it if your datagrid populate on the page load event but mine doesnt it poulates on a button_click event.

So I have 2 questions and you can pick what ever is the easiest or best to use as I dont know.
1. How can I change a query on a page load_event from another page to populate a datagrid.
or
2.Or if I can export my datagrid to an excel file after it populates from a button_click event.

Any help will be Highly appreciated

have you done searches online? I've been exporting from crystal reports to excel, pdf, worddoc and it works... but not from a datagrid..

one thing I noticed when I was exporting from crsytal reports to , for example, pdf ..was that I needed to rebind again..

maybe u need to rebind again before exporting...

But i think i've come across some sites on google about datagrid export when i was doing searches for my issue..try google

I have tried Google but and found some that work if you populate the datagrid on a form_load event. but I need users to be able to pick what they want to query and then press a button to populate the datagrid. I am presently working on sending a query from one page to a form_load of another page if I can get that to work I should be good.
so if anyone knows a better way or can help me with this way,

Please let me know
Thanks

Back