pulling out hair

Illusion

Centurion
Hi,

I am trying to deploy my program, now it works fine under my computer and on anothers computer (with vs.net on), but when I put it on a computer which only has the Framework on it does not run. Now it has been working fine on that computer and now refuses to (yet it still runs on my computer fine..) work at all. The program runs under citrix.

I have checked the process id and it is my program, i'm not sure how to work out the thread id which is gives.. but i'm guessing it will just point to my program too.
I have tried to run it over the network without citrix and it refuses to run even though I have given it security it requires..
I have reinstalled the Framework incase that was it .. but nothing..
I'm kinda running into a brick wall over and over again .. I would be grateful if someone could show me the light ....

Are you using any 3rd party components or activeX components at all? How are you deploying the software to the other machine?
Do you get the same error trying to run over the network as when running under citrix? Also what error did you get running it via the network?

PlausiblyDamp said:
Are you using any 3rd party components or activeX components at all? How are you deploying the software to the other machine?
Do you get the same error trying to run over the network as when running under citrix? Also what error did you get running it via the network?

I am using 3rd Party components, but they all have been working fine.
I'm copying everything from the bin folder to the other computer.. and this has been working fine too.

Over the network.. I think it was a security error.. I set it up like I read you had to and still got it..

Citrix says
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Ok to terminate or Cancel to debug..

Debug just ends up saying.. no you cant and then dies..

Are the 3rd party components all .Net components or are some of them COM dlls? If you are using COM then those components will need to be registered on the destination computer before they will work.

after a lot of shouting at the thing... someone relieased that it didn't have the Foxpro odbc stuff on the server ... hehe .. oops
Thanks

Back