Problems with VS.NET and SQL 2000 Communicating

mike55

Contributor
Hi all,

Have Visual Studio.net and SQL server 2000 on my machine at home. I recently reinstalled SQL Server 2000 and I am now getting the following error:
Code:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at BookingWebService.moduleRoom.localConnection() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BookingWebService\myModules\moduleRoom.vb:line 18
   at BookingWebService.moduleRoom.getRoom(Int16 operation) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BookingWebService\myModules\moduleRoom.vb:line 117
   at BookingWebService.wsRooms.displaySpecificRoom(Int16 operation) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BookingWebService\wsRooms.asmx.vb:line 63

The connection string that i am using is as follows:

Code:
    conSQL.ConnectionString = "workstation id=localhost;packet size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data source=localhost;" & _
                                                            "persist security info=True;initial catalog=BookingSystem"

I have added the ASP.net account to SQL Server in security under logins, I have set the authentication mode to SQL Server Authentication and specified my own password. I have also specified the default database to be master and the language to be British English, and I am still getting the above error.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

Mike55

Open Enterprise Manager, navigate to Secrutiy/Logins and double-click <machineName>\ASPNET, is BookingSystem permitted?

Problem solved, removed the ASPNET login and re-added it, also altered some of my system settings. All is now well. Many thanks Robby for your suggestion.

Mike55

Back