Problem with VS .NET 2005 Express

EFileTahi-A

Contributor
Every time I try to open a form from the project VS 2005 Express crashes. Yet, when I try to open the form's .rexs I get the following messsage:

"The designer loader has not been initialized yet. You may only call this method after initialization."

I'm using Both 2003 and 2005.
I've uninstalled/re-installed 2005.

The problem remains :(

Last edited:
I am also experiencing a problem with Visual Studio 2005, the bloody thing keeps trying to dial-up an internet connection when I hit the start button, any suggestions on how to stop this?

Mike55.

Check the Microsoft Product Feedback Center. Here is one that may be close to what you are seeing, but it doesn't sound like exactly the same problem:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=fdf04cc2-ab1a-43e8-afb8-16bb3656f860

There are a lot of problems with VS2005. My IDE crashes every 30 minutes or so because there is a memory leak caused when using XML comments in VB.NET. Supposedly, the memory leak is fixed, but they are waiting until the 1st service pack before they give us the fix! I don't know if I can wait that long!

Anyway, the Product Feedback Center is the best place to see if they know about issues. If they don't, feel free to submit a new one.

Todd

Thks for the post tfowler.

I guess now understand why VS 2005 is freeware for the next months. We are simply beta testing this product, which clearly was not tested enough before its BETA label was removed... Good thing we also get a lifetime license. I guess the trade off is fair enough.

All in all I just hope this product's quality gets much better by the time its license is changed to prohitware, which I think it will happen (I mean, I hope)...

Last edited:
This thread's problem is solved, I can now load the forms without having VS2005 carashing out. Unfortunately I did not discovered the solution since I did nothing else besides loading the same project again and trying to opening it. 10 days ago VS2005 would crash by doing this, now it opens the very same project with no problem.

Beats me...

I've been running into this problem alot lately, especially when I design components or controls. When I open a certain form (usually one that contains my control) or click on a certain component in the component tray, my IDE will crash with no error message.

Back