problem with email format

ace333

Newcomer
I have an application that reads data from a database, wraps the data in html table tags and then sent as an email to myself. My problem is as follows. I have set the email format to be html so when I open the email I should see the data in a nice table format. That does not happen however. The email contains a table structure but some of the data at the start is outside the table cells, I looked at the html code and I noticed the following, that certain ! were being added between td tags like the following, <td! > The funny thing is that if I write the html that is being sent to a file like test.html and open it in a browser the table is in perfect format. So what ever way the content is sent, it becomes corrupted... I dont know why... I could paste both samples of code but I want to see if anyone has experienced a problem like this before.
Any help would be great...

Are you sure that it is not your email client changing the content? If your email client does not support HTML messages, the results are unpredictable.

Nate Bross said:
Are you sure that it is not your email client changing the content? If your email client does not support HTML messages, the results are unpredictable.

What do you mean by the email client... and how do i check whether it supports html, i have set the format of the email being sent to handle the html format

Are you using Outlook, or some other well known pop3 client, or are you using webmail? Usually webmail will support HTML, but you may need to enable the feature. Outlook supports HTML as well, again you may need to enable the feature.

Edit-code or generated HTML would be useful...

Back