Problem with Browser Component

Lanc1988

Contributor
I have made a problem with a built in browser using the microsoft browser component. But if I move my .exe program I made to my other computer it has an error and wont open, so I zipped these two .dll files that were also in the 'bin' folder with my program and unzipped thme on my other computer.

Then my program opened fine. But if I moved my program out of the directory with those two files, it wouldn't open again. So as long as those two files are in the same directory as my program, it will open, but if they aren't it wont.

Can someone tell me why?

The two file's names are:
AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll
Interop.SHDocVw.dll

They are required because your project depends on them. The control that you are using in your program is contained in there. The DLLs are needed because the control is not the part of the Framework, if it was you wouldn't need any dependencies other than Framework.

I was just wondering, cuz my friend has vb 6 and he uses the same component and it is just one .exe file for him. :S

Well do you know of how to make or get an install wizard that will install to a directory and make a shortcut to my program on the desktop?

Also, how would you go about dealing with this problem I have? Cuz I plan to release it for anyone to download on my website.

I don't know about standard versions but VS.NET Pro and up comes with a Setup project, which will let you create an installer for your program. If you have that you can use that installer.
I personally don't see a problem with having two DLLs as a problem. What is the problem it would cause for you?

Since I want to let other people download it, they will have to download three files. Unless there is a way to fix this.

Back