Printing Documents

otherside

Centurion
Does anyone know the best way to create a document on the fly in vb.net and be able to print it.
I need to create a like word document. I need to use different fonts and formats within the page and also put tables etc. Also this has to be created on the fly, meaning from code. For example i want to print the results of a Datagrid (Dataset) in a formated table with some extra text with specific fonts. This Dataset and text will be created at runtime.

The best way i have found since now is to create an html, since the tags are easy to make. I have also considered using a PDF API but until now all i have found that can do a good job need something like 3000 $ for a distributing licence, since i need it for an aplication that will go on the market.

Please any suggestions will do.

You can use Crytal Reports, but you should read the licensing/distribution from them.
Or you can use the PrintDocument in .NET. (lots of code for complex reports)

Thanks Robby i have considered crystal reports and there is a huge licence to pay for distribution. Can you please refer to an example or something about the PrintDocument, if you've seen anything

Back