Printer Trouble

a_jam_sandwich

Junior Contributor
One of advisors is having right problems printing printing from my mortgage application.

He uses a HP Deskjet 693c with the latest drives and all that happens when he print previews is receive a exception error.

At first I thought maybe this is a problem with the install of the Framework as somthing simular happened once before but that didnt work tried reinstalling printer drivers still nothing im out of ideas anyone have any ideas

Its a Windows98 pc. I have used the standard printcontroller as well.

Andy

Its not just that printer it seems to happen on some Win98 pcs and only effect if more than one page exists to print.

Ive tried the standard print controller fix but nothing anyone any ideas?

Andy

Right Id thourght id let everybody know.

This printing problem is a result of windows 98 not having certain DLL files (Unknown) installed.

To fix the above problem I installed a Lexmark E210 drivers onto the problem computer and it fixed the printer errors. It now prints on both the E210 and also the problem HP 693c printer without any problem. As soon as I figuar out what DLL's are needed I will post.

Andy

What are using to preview; you using .net's standard control? is it possible to post some of the code along with the exception you are getting?

yes im using the .net print preview and all works fine on

It happens on the SDK example too. Only some Win98 Pcs

2000, XP are fine

Andy

Right it is finally fixed.

I was in contact with Microsoft Develper Support and it was a known problem with the v1.0 framework. It is a strange problem as it doesn't effect all Windows 98 PC and seems be quite ramdom. Sometimes when you install new printer drivers it can fix it or as I was suggested some time ago to use the standard printer controller can sometimes fix it.

The way to solve this is to make the application use the 1.1 Framework instead. In this framework the problem was fixed.

Here is the link for using the 1.1 Framework with your apps. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...de/html/cpcontargetingnetframeworkversion.asp

Andy

Back