Pocket PC

barski

Junior Contributor
I did a very simple website using vb.net (aspx forms) to run queries. It works great from a standard pc but doesn't work when I try to run the queries from my mobile device that has window ce. The page loads fine but it errs when I try and run the query.

"Run the query"

1. Dataset is created
2. HTML Table is populated with the dataset

As I said the page is loading ok so I'm lost as to why I get an error for such seemingly simple task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASP.NET forms rely on client-side JavaScript or
VBScript to post the forms back to the server. Because you're using
Windows CE, it may not be able to hadle the JavaScript correctly.

VBScript was made by MS, so the Pocket IE may support it more
fully than JavaScript. Change the client-side script to VBScript and
see if that helps any. To do this in VS.NET, right-click on the web
project and click Properties. In the Designer Defaults page,
change the option of "Client script language" to VBScript. You can
also try changing the target schema to an older browser.

Good luck.

Still not working. it is erring almost immediately. I don't think it is even getting to the part where I query the database

Have you tried scattering some Response.Write statements with Response.End to see how far you get? If your main problem is locating the bad code, I'd try that first. You can write out some of the values that are being passed as well, to see what the potential problem is.

-Nerseus

Button Control

It has something to do with the button control click event. I deleted all the code from the button click event and it still erred out.

Currently I've moved all the code from the button1 click to the formload. So when I initially open the page everthing works fine query loads and populates the grid but it won't do it again. I have a dropdownlist that I've set autopostback to true so when the user changes the index the form will load with whatever they've selected as the criteria. Once again, works fine on a normal pc but not on my pocket pc. For some reason it can't handle events control.

Back