please help Runtime Error

bary40

Newcomer
Hi everyone
I've a slight problem , and i hope i could find the resolution here.
I wanted to test my application on a server so i've created an account at " brinkster.com"
and uploaded all aspx , acax , global , dll , and web.config file to my account .
then i tried to navigate my page but i got the following error

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

i modified my web.config file and uploaded it again but i still have the same error
i don't know why ?
I put my web.config file in the \Webroot directory
i don't know what's the problem ?
i don't know if it should pass some time in order to get working ?
thanks in advance ....

They have to set those permissions for each sub-web you request(including the main web which you are having trouble with)

Can you post your web.config file, save it as TXT for this forum.

The file you posted doesn't have <customErrors mode="Off" /> set like the FAQ says and you also still have <authentication mode="Windows" /> set which the FAQ also says should be taken out.

i put it to forms then i took it out
but the same error

do u know another free web hosting ?

Attachments

ok the problem is resolved by changing the host

but another problem has raised

i can't view my pictures

i look for the and it's correct but it doesn't show

any idea ?

Back