please help me......asp.net

raja_krish

Newcomer
Hi...
I am having problem opening asp.net web application. It gives me an error " could not create offline cache folder"
please suggest me a solution ASAP.
thanks
Raja.

Have you been able to open it before?

What version of windows are you using (assuming that the project is hosted on your local machine)?

asp.net

Hello Sam,
Thank you for replying to my query....I am using windows 2k advanced server. If you know how to rectify it please do let me know immediately.
thanks
Raja

You're going to have to give a bit more information than that. All I know now is that you're not using Windows 95/98 or XP Home.

Have you been able to open the ASP.NET Project on this machine before?

Do you have IIS and the Front page Extenstion installed on your machine?

I have windows 2000 installed in my system. This is the first time I am working with asp.net. I have got IIS and front page 2000 installed in my system. please give me a solution.
Thanks
Raja.

Make sure the asp.net file you are trying to run is located in a IIS virtual directory!

Thank you all for responding ....
The exact error which I get is "Cannot create offline cache folder" followed by the path. I get this error while opening web application/ web services.
Regards,
Raja.

Thank you Sam ....
I did just as you said and in the Microsoft knowledge base it says that I should delete all my _vti and _private files....I deleted all those files but the OS is not allowing me to delete the abovesaid folders/files which is there in the common files folder hence I am not able to open my web application. I searched microsoft.com KB for assistance to delete files from common files but it says it is impossible to do it. if you know a way to handle this plz do tell me.
Regards,
Raja

raja_krish said:
Thank you Sam ....
I did just as you said and in the Microsoft knowledge base it says that I should delete all my _vti and _private files....I deleted all those files but the OS is not allowing me to delete the abovesaid folders/files which is there in the common files folder hence I am not able to open my web application. I searched microsoft.com KB for assistance to delete files from common files but it says it is impossible to do it. if you know a way to handle this plz do tell me.
Regards,
Raja

The MS site says:

"delete all FPSE folders (such as _vti_pvt and _private) from the root folder of your hard disk drive (such as drive C). "

So you would only delete the folders from the ROOT drive, and deleting the folders in the common files section shouldn't be necessary.

Dear Sam,
That was the first thing I did ....After that also It gave me the same error after that only I tried deleting the _vti_private folders from common files. The same problem persists and I get the same error.
Thanks and Regards,
Raja.

Have you tryed using Filesharing instead of the frontpage extensions to connect to your project? I've always had more luck with file shares than frontpage...

Back