Playing Music

jliz2803

Newcomer
I have a site, that plays music, and so it doesn't reload and restart everytime a user clicks a different link I create a little pop up that calls the music page ensuring that it plays straight through even if the user clicks a new link on the main page. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a better way of doing this. Thanks

Okay... I'm gonna be honest and maybe not helpful but... I hate music on web site. Especially when I'm playing a game or listening to music and I have this website who is interfering with my speakers. I have to completly stop music from my game or my winamp.

I would suggest you to reconsider that option. Unless it is an art web site and that music bring a mood that wouldn't be there by normally visiting the site, I suggest to not put any.

On the tech side now... make sure that both music from the web site and the popup doesn't interfere toghether. Normally people who put music normally use Flash with it since it's really more easy to integrate music in Flash.

Cheers

I appreciate your comments, and I agree with you that music is not a very good option, but this is just a wiffle ball site for my buddies and I. I was just wondering if there is anyway to integrate it with the site and have it playing non stop without using an extra popup? and I am not using flash, I am using the embed tag to get it going, I don't have flash studio, so I cannot do flash.

You could use frames.

Do a header frame with the embeded object. And where ever you browse, just change the main frame. That way... music will be playing without changing anything.

The more complicated option would be to go with Ajax but I don't think that your project deserve that much technical work. The frame thingy is way more simpler and will do the work. What do you think?

Back