OpenFileDialog default view

flann

Freshman
Is there anyway to set the default view in the openfiledialog to thumbnails? Also, can I get rid of the "my computer" and other icons on the left hand side of the ofd?

Thank you,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for getting rid of the "My Computer" and other icons on the left hand side on the OFD, I don't think it's possible, but there is a way to set the default view in the OFD.

Select an OpenFileDialog component, and click it onto your form. Click on the OFD thumbnail below your form and look at its properties window.
Look for the property "InitialDirectory". Enter you directory there, for example, if you wish to set the defalut view as Desktop, enter the following in the "InitialDirectory" :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so is there anyway to set the default view in the openfiledialog to thumbnails? It isn't in the properties under the ofd, at least not on my computer.

well, I don't think you can do so, although it is possible to set the default window directory for the OpenFileDialog, but not remove/ get rid of "my computer" and other icons on the left hand side of the ofd? Anyway, why would you want to remove those icons ???

Back