Only enabled form

bluejaguar456

Freshman
hey everyone, i am creating a news program that loads up on startup, does anyone know how to, make it so that only the news form is clickable on startup, the user will have to close the news form down to be able to go on the desktop or start menu.

thankyou in advance

Depends how serious you are about it, locking the user out completely is not really viable (plus you won't get help on these forums as its against policy). If you can clarify your position you made get help with a suitable solution though.

Cags said:
Depends how serious you are about it, locking the user out completely is not really viable (plus you won't get help on these forums as its against policy). If you can clarify your position you made get help with a suitable solution though.

well all i want to do is make it so i have to close down the news form button with the close button located on the form then i can go on my desktop, this is for personal use only i dont have any plans to dispatch any programs i make till i know more about vb .net.
i am not an idiot who creates viruses, trojans etc, i am not that sad. i respect the forum and i am always posting on it, this is my main source for vb .net queries.

Well I'm sorry, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but if its for your own use, then why do you need to make sure it stays open? Simply adding a shortcut to the startup folder of of the start menu will launch the application when you login. I see no real need for anything other than this for personal use.

Cags said:
Well I'm sorry, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but if its for your own use, then why do you need to make sure it stays open? Simply adding a shortcut to the startup folder of of the start menu will launch the application when you login. I see no real need for anything other than this for personal use.

no i dint say you accused me of anything, i just dont want to do that i want to do what i originally said.

Back