One crash after another...

fsockopen

Newcomer
Hi, some time ago, I installed VB.NET Standard on a Win2k Pro system and experienced almost each time a crash, nothing helps, whether I push Ctrl-Alt-Delete or wait for a couple of hours, it's just frozen...

So I formatted HD and installed Windows XP Pro, the first three times I started Visual Basic.net everything was working fine, until now the same problem has returned...

I have 256mb of memory(my computer:)) ,1300mhz and a 10 Gb HD with at least 3gb of free space, that should do right???

Or could it be my harddisk,that's spoiling everything over and over again?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re:

It freezes when I'm writing code for a VB windows application it's really irritating just 10 minutes ago, the same thing happened when I pushed the F5 key to test the code,but it also happens sometimes when I move my mouse over the screen...

Do I have to buy a new hd?

Re:

I only had the same problem once with Dreamweaver MX,though I use this program much more than Visual Basic...
Already tried scandisk but everything seems to be ok...

Try copying the Visual Studio .NET CDs to your hard disk before you install next time. Too many cases of failed setups are a result of CD-ROM based errors, not "real" problems.

Back