Object Tag with ASP.NET

microkarl

Regular
Hi All,
I have a problem for which I cannot find any information anywhere, thus I post it here and hope someone can help me out.

The application consists of a windows user control and an ASP.NET application that has a Web Form loading this control using the object tag and somthing like this:

<OBJECT id="BasicButton" height="150" width="250" classid="BasicButton.dll#BasicButton.UserControl1" VIEWASTEXT></OBJECT>

Assumption for this is to have .NET Framework installed on the client machine and trust the resource coming from the web server. We would expect the dll to be downloaded to the client machine the first time the machine requests the aspx page that contains this control. Instead of that, the problem that we are facing is that the control seems to be downloaded every time you request the page. It looks like the machine 'does not know' that the control has been used in the past and it will force to download again.

I thought the problem was from the setting in "Temporary Internet File", so I change the setting 'Check for newer versions of stored pages' to Never, but unfortunately, It still doesn't work. And the control inside the IE cache became - BasicButton.dll[1].

This problem is extremely annoying to me and if anyone know the solution or even some idea about it. PLEASE LET ME KNOW... :confused: :confused:

Back