not enough quota error

Lou Elston

Newcomer
I have a VB net 2003 application that does a shell cmd of 'dir' on one system, to an output file. That output file is then looped thru to create the same dir and file structure on another system, using System.IO.File.Create(FileToCreate) and System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(FileToCreate) commands.

I keep getting the error 'Not enough quota is available to process this command", on an NT 4 system.

Without modifying the virtual memory of the system that I am running on, (because this application might be used on any system besides just my test system), thru the control pannel and the quota tab on the disk, (actually the quota tab does not exist on a nt 4 system)...if there anything that I can do inside my program?

After every create, should I do some kind of wait, (what command to use to do this), to possibly allow the system to flush the pages itself, before I do the next create?

By putting the creates in a called sub, (instead of within the read loop), will this clear the pages?

Anything else...???

Thanks

Lou

You can get this error if you are keeping lots of file handles open. In task manager on the proces view you can get it to display the handles (view - select columns). Is the number of handles getting very large?

Problem solved

Thanks for the input.

The problem was fixed by adding a 'Close', to the create file statements.....
System.IO.File.Create(FileToCreate).Close()

This would not have been a problem, if only dealing with a few files. I was creating over 100,000 files, (o blocks), at a time.

Back