Not Another Splash Screen Question...?!?!

Wolfsnap

Newcomer
OK - I know this has been beat into the ground - but I think I have a twist to it.

I have several form with several controls, etc. on each form. When they load, the viewer has to sit through watching the form build itself on screen. What I want to do is display a graphic of what the completed form looks like while the controls load behind it. I'm thinking two different ways - either display a picture box with the graphic in front of the rest of the controls and then set the visible to false after the form loads, or create a new form and display it while the "real" form loads. The kicker is that I would rather not use a pre-set time for the splash screen. Is there any way to determine when a form has completely finished loading? (some sort of "LoadComplete" event...?)

Nevermind...
Got it figured.
As long as the graphic image shows up for even a split second, the "real" screen builds on top of a latent image of the graphic - the effect is what I was looking for. Before, all the buttons loading on the new form showed the previous form behind them, which looked pretty sad. Now, the image behind the buttons is a graphic of the button anyway, so the "page build" isn't noticed.

Back