No symbols loaded.

ewelch

Newcomer
I'm new to vb.net and could not brag about my vb6 accomplishents either. I've updated a project and spent days fixing syntax and so forth. It builds without fail. When started in any mode I get:

'DefaultDomain': Loaded 'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'SanAntonio': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.dll', No symbols loaded.
'SanAntonio': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.drawing\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.drawing.dll', No symbols loaded.
'SanAntonio': Loaded 'I:\InformationServices\OEMProject\Development\SanAntonio.NET\bin\SanAntonio.exe', No symbols loaded.
'SanAntonio.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\system.windows.forms\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.windows.forms.dll', No symbols loaded.
'SanAntonio.exe': Loaded 'c:\windows\assembly\gac\microsoft.visualbasic\7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\microsoft.visualbasic.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[476] SanAntonio.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

:confused: No shutdown/restart or other kick in the pants works, the opening form is displayed and then the application terminates (it has a timer that calls the main interface, I never get to it) breakpoints are ignored (I think).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No symbols loaded isn't an error, it just means your assemblies have no debugging symbols associated with them. This is why your breakpoint isn't being hit.

The chances are that you have accidentally switch to the "Release" solution configuration instead of "Debug", which is why no debugging information is being generated.

Back