no jit debugger is available

Ramon

Newcomer
>> Could anyone help me with this?

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x48c (1164), Thread id=0x1e8 (488).

Click on OK to terminate the application.
Click on CANCEL to debug the application

>> Followed by another one as follows

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT
debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2).
Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x48c

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

>> This occured when i'm about to deploy my application to another PC (win 98 OS).

>> I tried to test my application to another PC (win2k OS) and the application works properly.

What seems to be the problem?

Before, I was able to run this application on the same PC with Win 98 OS and the application works successfully. Since my application would need a little more revision I tried to remove the previous version then reinstall the revised version then message appears. I tried to remove again the application including the .NET framework but unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. Since the error said no registered debugger is available, I wasn't able to use any debugging tool unless you help with this.

On the other hand, when I tried to run the same application on the other PC, it works successfully.

What do you think is the problem? Could you help me with this?

It sounds like it's either a missing dependancy issue, or just a piece of code using a class that isn't supported on Windows 98 (not all of them are). I suggest installing the Framework SDK on the target machine and using the graphical debugger included with it, it's the same debugger that VS.NET uses so it shouldn't prove too difficult.

Maybe you could help me with this. I happened to view clips in MSDN about cordbg.exe (Common runtime dedugger), but i cannot figure out how to enable this debugging tool in the target PC. If I could only run this tool in the target PC maybe I can correct this so called "unhandled exception".

Cordbg is the command-line debugger, which you could certainly use if you wished, the GUI one is much easier though.

To start the cordbg debugger on your application:

Code:
C:\>cordbg.exe myapp.exe

As soon as it launches the process it'll break execution for you to set breakpoints etc, but just enter the character "c" and press enter and your app will run. When an exception is hit, the command-line app will break again and show you the location in source (assuming you've copied all the source across).

I have this problem too!

I am having this same problem with my computer. Print Shop v.20 is causing this same exact series of errors. I'm running Windows XP. The Broderbund web site recommends using a file on the Print SHop 20 DVD to reinstall the Net Framework 1.1 to fix the problem. This did not work for me! :(

Ramon said:
Before, I was able to run this application on the same PC with Win 98 OS and the application works successfully. Since my application would need a little more revision I tried to remove the previous version then reinstall the revised version then message appears. I tried to remove again the application including the .NET framework but unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. Since the error said no registered debugger is available, I wasn't able to use any debugging tool unless you help with this.

On the other hand, when I tried to run the same application on the other PC, it works successfully.

What do you think is the problem? Could you help me with this?

I figured out how to handle this exception. It usually occurs on a .NET applications running under windows 98 operating system. There's no problem with the application except that you must also install other components included in the Visual Studio CD (like MDAC, JetOleDb Drivers, and other win98 utilities) to be able to work properly with the .NET framework. Try it and inform me if this solves the problem.

I have been having the exact same problem. I have no idea what I am doing. When I got this message I was trying to install a Microsoft Windows update. I would love to know how to fix this problem!

help me also!

b_fab115 said:
I have been having the exact same problem. I have no idea what I am doing. When I got this message I was trying to install a Microsoft Windows update. I would love to know how to fix this problem!

I have a customer with this exact some issue. Running XP SP2 and he can't run any .net 1.1 app. He's reinstalled .net 1.1 and still won't work. For a test, I built him a very dumb/simple .exe that just has a button that closes the form. It doesn't do anything else. he gets the unhandled exception, etc. I put try/catch blocks everywhere there is code and none of them are hit. The code just won't run. Nothing built in .net 1.1 will run on his target machine that has 1.1 on it. What can this be? My customer is getting frustrated.

Back