.net winform grid

s398290

Newcomer
I am looking to get a high performance grid for my .Net winform application. The solutions I have looked into so far are too slow and don’t live up to expectations. The APIs are also way too complex for me. An okay and unique solution would be appreciated.

Could you explain me a bit more what you are looking for? If it's just drawing a grid on your form I guess GDI would be fast enough.

Code:
private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
        {
            const int Gridsize = 15;
            Pen p = new Pen(Color.Black);

for (int t1 = 0; t1 < ClientSize.Height; t1 += Gridsize)
            {
                e.Graphics.DrawLine(p, 0, t1, ClientSize.Width, t1);
            }

for (int t1 = 0; t1 < ClientSize.Width; t1 += Gridsize)
            {
                e.Graphics.DrawLine(p, t1,0, t1, ClientSize.Height);
            }

p.Dispose();
        }

I assume you talking about Data Grids and that you already tried .NET's DataGridView. Though this grid is not that fast it achieves good results when using just a few columns.

In case you just want to display an empty grid, well, GDI will definitely be the way to go as suggested by Napivo1972.

hi everone. thanks for your help. it was helpful having people respond massively. i want to share what I have leaned these past months. I have tried other solutions out there until I came across Dapfor’s .Net Grid. It was superbly fast and does not consume your memory space. The user interface is also quite simple. It would not be difficult for you to use. Many other solutions exist out there but I singled Dapfor’s out because it suits my needs. Hope that helps.

Back