.net object hosted in IE's DHTML

arir2

Newcomer
Hi,

I've strange problem with html page that hosts a .net object (using object tag). When this page opens the second html page that also hosts a .net object (e.g. by click a hyperlink or right clicking the hyperlink and choose open in new windows or simply click a button that open the second page). This often causes "member not found" error in second page when the .net object (in the second page) tries to access one of the html control. The problem is gone altogether if VS .net is un-installed.

Is there someone knows how to fix this?

Tx in advance

Tx for the answer, but nop, it's not about accessing the wrong properties nor the wrong objects. This problem doesn't happen at all when the Visual Studio .net is un-installed.

When you uninstall vs.net, does it uninstall .Net framework?
If so, problem doesn't appear since nothing work.
otherwise you better to post your source code for others find out what problem is.

Because I don't understand that you use .NEt object with object tag..

Not, the .net Framework is not un-installed, only Visual Studio .net un-installed.

Btw now it seems that the problem is appeared when the second page has the same object name with the first page (but again this problem doesn't appear when VS .net is un-installed).

Here I attached the code, the first page is EmployeeDLL.htm that hosts UdEmployee.vb (which will be compiled to UdEmployee.DLL), and the second page is BoqDLL.htm that hosts UdBoq.vb (which will be compiled to UdBoq.DLL).

I have move the code that call the second page to the end of the UdEmployee.vb, it is under function: btnVehicleBoq_onclick.

Btw currently I have rename all objects in the second page by prefix-ed it with "BOQ_", that now it can work, but I still think that this solution is only temporary, that in order to do that that we have to create a page that all of its object names must always be unique to other pages, which are impossible.

So tx again in advance.

Attachments

Back