.NET FRAMEWORK Installation

a1jit

Regular
Hi Guys,

Lets say i have created a windows application file using C#,
Based on my understanding, i must have CLR which comes together WITH .net framework in order to run the .exe application..

does it mean that all users that use this application must make sure .net framework is installated on all users pc?

just another question
And lets say the .exe application, i place it on the server, and i give path to the user for using this application. Meaning user access application by creating a shortcut pointing to \\10.20.12.222\App.exe\
So all users access the application using this path. Is it fine?

Is is better for all users (around 50users) to access a file from a particular path or its better for all users to get the application installed on their machine?

Thank You

Well, I'll tell you what I know. Anyone who want to use a .Net application (on their machine or from a network) must have the .Net Framework installed. It can be downloaded (somewhere) on microsoft.com or through Windows Update (I believe that it comes with Service Pack 2 as well).

And, although you can run a program from a server, the program will run with limited permissions, which, depending on your needs, may or may not be a problem.

Back