.NET Framework 2.0

Nazgulled

Centurion
Hi,
Is there any articles about .net 2.0 that points out important things about it that everyone should know about?

I have my apps in .net 1.1 but I'm moving them to 2.0 and I just wanted to know if there is anything I should really know about the 2.0 framework.

This link will probably give you more informaiton that you ever wanted to know on the subject. http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/programming/breakingchanges/default.aspx

The biggest problems I've had with VB winforms has been an exception that gets thrown when I try to change the value of controls that are owned by another thread (something I shouldn't have been doing anyway) and if you want the new visual styles, you have to use the new controls. StatusStrip versus StatusBar etc... Also, a few files, such as AssemblyInfo.vb were moved around and won't be seen in the new project so you'll have to take care of that. Overall porting the project I'm on right now wasn't that bad at all.

Everything went very smoothly in my C# code. I've had little or no problems at all.

FYI that exception can be disabled by setting the form's CheckForIllegalCrossThreadCalls property to false - in the long term and for new projects it shouldn't, but to get things working on a port...

Back