.NET Framework 1.1

bungpeng

Senior Contributor
Is there any problem is I install .NET Framework 1.1, but I am using VS.NET 2002?

Will VS.NET 2002 target to this 1.1 Framework? It look like Yes and No... Where can I find detail information of it?

In a development team, can I mix both VS.NET 2002 and 2003, but develop same project? Any problem?

TQ

You should be very able to have both frameworks installed at the same time stuff complied in 2002 with continue to use the 1.0 framework unless you specify otherwise with a .config file

Andy

The .NET 1.1 framework shouldn't affect VS.NET 2002 when it's installed, but if you want to compile stuff with it you'll have to use the command-line tools if you don't have VS.NET 2003.

The project file formats for 2002 and 2003 are different, so once one has been opened in 2003 it cannot be read in 2002.

You mean if I do not use Command-line tools, I can't compile it with .NET 1.1? But if there are error message, VS.NET 2002 still show .NET 1.1xxxx... I thought it still will target 1.1?

You cant compile Framework 1.1 with VS 2002. You need VS 2003 or use command line compilers. Considering the price you should get yourself that special upgrade for 29$ :)

Framework has been improved, more classes, IDE is better, you can write apps for mobile easily, and things like that :) It is a good investment.

Back