.Net changing control type

mike55

Contributor
Ok, I am using the infragistic web tab, in order to have a generic save button for the all the tabs, i must set the some of my controls on the user control to public rather that protected, as per example supplied by infragistics. However when I either compile my code, or close by visual studio and reopen the code I find that visual studio has changed the controls back to protected.

This is seriously doing my head in, I know its not a good idea to declare controls and variables as public, but I have no other choice!!

Does anyone know how to stop visual studio making the changes?? I'm at the point of introducing my machine and visual studio to the sledge hammer thats sitting outside the door.

Mike55.

Infragistics is ticky about many things. as far as getting visual studio to stop changing your declarations - good luck!
I can't get it to stop changing mine either.
Have you tried it with it being declared as protected?

Also, did you ask this question to the newsgroup on the infragistics site. They might answer you in the next month or so (at least that has always been my case. They don't give the support in a timely manner.)
Sorry I couldn't help more.

On another note - It may be easier to just put a button on each tab or on the page itself rather than in a control. At least that is what we did when we used the web tabs. We put the button directely below where the tabs displayed and they worked just fine. I know it isn't exactly what you wanted - but it will work.

Back