need help with code

moneyman

Newcomer
ok im working on a prograam which uses radio buttons and is suppose to calculate the finalgrade it looks like the picture i have attached if that doesnt work i uploaded it here

anyways iv started it and it looks like this

these are globals
Dim gdblradbuttons As Double = 3
Dim gdblradtimeline As Double = 5
Dim TestScore As Integer
Dim FinalGrade As Double
then the btnComputeGrade_Click
txtFinalGrade.Text = FinalGrade
nudTestScore.Value = TestScore
FinalGrade = gdblradbuttons + TestScore
then the radio buttons have the following properties
Private Sub radNone_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles radNone.CheckedChanged
gdblradbuttons = 0
End Sub

Private Sub radAverage_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles radAverage.CheckedChanged
gdblradbuttons = 3
End Sub

Private Sub radAboveAverage_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles radAboveAverage.CheckedChanged
gdblradbuttons = 5
End Sub

Private Sub radOnTime_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles radOnTime.CheckedChanged
gdblradtimeline = 0
End Sub

Private Sub rad1DaysLate_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rad1DaysLate.CheckedChanged
gdblradtimeline = 5
End Sub

Private Sub rad2DaysLate_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rad2DaysLate.CheckedChanged
gdblradtimeline = TestScore - TestScore

for some reason i cant get it to work i dont know what im doing wrong the only errro i get it "option strict dissallows implicit conversons

anyone help would be greatyl appreciated

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...d8/facab389.jpg

it dont point at a line it jsut says that eeror
yah and i want that one to =0 cause if the assignemnt is late longer than that the student gets zero
i just gotto get 1 working after that it wouuld be pretty simple
if i can get 1 rad button working and display the finalgrade

ok fixed that but still there is something im doing wrong, how would i get atleast one of the radio buttons to work and display result in the finalgrade window

Is the code shown above in the same order as your program, If it is then it looks like you are setting txtFinalGrade.text to FinalGrade before you have calculated FinalGrade, also where is testScore being set.

By the way I couldn't look at the picture that you attached, it says page not found.

Back