need help on an atm program

lizard

Newcomer
i'm tring to work on a atm program that works just like an atm but i have no clue were to start. i need to set a pin of 123 this is what i'm tring to do

Program Details:

Beginning Balance: The program should begin with a balance of $1,000.00

Enter Button: Used to enter personal identification number, and complete user functions.

PIN Number: The program must have only one valid PIN (123). Initially the user must enter the valid pin in order to access the user functions. Invalid PIN entries must be ignored and cause an error message to be displayed.

Clear Button: Resets all application variables to initial values. Essentially restarting the application from the beginning

Exit Button: Used to end program execution.

User Functions: Initially disabled until a valid PIN is entered.

Balance Button: Used to display the accounts current balance.

Balance must be displayed in a currency format.

Deposit Button: Used to increase the account balance. The user should be prompted to enter a deposit amount (in currency format) and to press the enter button. The deposit should be confirmed and the new account balance displayed (in currency format).

Withdrawal Button: Used to decrease the account balance. The user should be prompted to enter a withdrawal amount (in currency format) and to press the enter button. The withdrawal should be confirmed and the new account balance displayed (in currency format). Withdrawals greater than the current account balance must be rejected and an error message should be displayed.

Digit Keys: Must be implemented as a control array. Used to enter PINs and amounts for deposits and withdrawals. Entries must be limited to having only one decimal point.

Display Box: Users must not be allowed to directly enter any data into the applications display box. All entries into the display box must be made though the digit keys. Output should be displayed in the proper format (i.e. dollar amounts with dollar sign, decimal point, and two decimal places).

I have the form set up just dont know weere to start with the codeing

Last edited:
What kind of programming experience do you have? Can you create a Windows EXE project? Do you know how to create controls and add event handlers? Do you know about variables and classes? If you answered "no" to any of these, I'd suggest reading some online tutorials, the MSDN help, or getting a book first.

These forums are a great place to find answers, but answers to specific questions not "How do I write a program that does ___ ?".

-Nerseus

This sounds like some sort of homework assignment. We will gladly help you with individual coding issues, but we won't simply explain how to do every last thing, nor will we write your code for you.

And Nerseus is correct - if you don't know where to begin, you're starting in a little too deep I think. Create some smaller simpler programs first, and maybe try to create the elements of your project individually before attempting to build them all into one large program.

Back