Need advice on running VB apps from network

nbrege

Freshman
I have been assigned the task of finding a way to make our VB apps run-able from our network. From everything I've read about doing this, it sounds like I have to run the .net framework wizard & change the setting for the .exe file to be fully trusted. I don't actually have the wizard on my machine to try it & our network admin is reluctant to try it without knowing exactly what to do. So I have several questions on this:

1) Can someone walk me through the exact steps in the wizard to configure a VB app to run from a network share location?

2) Will every machine need to be configured individually for each app that needs to be run? We have 100+ users that will need to run up to maybe 5-10 different apps. That seems like it will be a lot of work. Is there an better way?

3) Can we configure a folder to be fully trusted, so that any app in that folder will be run-able? This seems like the easiest solution, if it is possible.

4) We also have about 50 users running thin clients on a citrix server. Will they be able to run our VB apps? If so, how do we do this?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Back