Multiple inheritance

Tamer_Ahmed

Centurion
hi every one i'm new with C# and friend of mine told me that i can use multiple inheritance in C# but i herad b4 that C# support only single inheritance
so is it support multilpe inheritance coz i search in msdn and i found that C++ the language that support multiple inheritance

C# only supports single inheritance at the moment - the next release may support multiple inheritance (or not).

C# does support implementation of multiple interfaces though - this is often a good replacement for the C++ technique of multiple abstract base classes.

Thanks PlausiblyDamp i want to ask u a question
i'm doing great with VB.net is there's a different between C# and Vb.net is it better i think they have the same power and another thing after while i want to learn C++ but every one told me oh no don't do it u r not gone need C++ anymore C++ is in the past and .net is the future is that right i think ppl hate c++ coz it's alittle hard do am right or not

By and large VB.Net and C# are very similar - although C# does have a more 'c' like syntax plus a few extra C++ features (operator overloading being the only one that sprinigs to mind).
C++ is still going to have a major role in the industry as it is still a dominant language and there is an enourmous amount of code written in C/C++ that will need to be supported. It is however a harder language than VB / C# - you will need to evaluate how much time you want to spend learning a language in regards to the possible benefits.
Learning C# will get the general syntax of C/ C++ familiar and may be a good stepping stone into the world of C++.

Thanks again PlausiblyDamp will i agree with u that learning
good stepping stone into the world of C++ and i'll start learning C# with VB.net actually i'm studying MCSD.Net courses with VB.net the best thing here that after the first 3 courses all the courses r the same for VB and C# and this make me able to compare the code and write it in the same language
anyway what is the best book for C#

Back