Multi Project solution

Phylum

Centurion
I will explain this as simply as possible.

I have a multi project solution. I have a project with a form. On that form there is a button. When I click the button I want it to open a form in another project. Is this possible? If so how?

Whats the best way then to write a modular application. I want to be able to send customers PARTS of a program, without affecting everything else. For example:

I have a Menu program that calls different parts of my application. If I add a feature to the 'salesman master table editor' I want to be able to send just the 'salesman master table editor' without sending other parts of the solution, incase another programmer is in the middle of adding a feature to another part of the solution.

Presumably those other projects in the solution compile to dlls, so providing you've made a project reference to them, you can just instantiate their classes like you would a class in the same app.

If you compile your other project to a DLL and add a reference to that DLL you can create a new instance of a form if its in that class. Then you can access it.
Something like this:
Visual Basic:
Dim frmForm As New YourNameSpace.FormClass()
That is of course after you add a reference to the DLL.

Back