Multi-Lingual Site with localization + Master Pages

mike55

Contributor
I am following the video "How do I: Create a Multi-Lingual Site with Localization?" and I am following the section on global resource files. When I try to add the attributes Culture="auto:en-US" and UICulture="auto" I get the following errors:
Validation(ASP.Net): Attribute Culture is not a valid attribute of element Master

Further information:
I have named the resource file for the french language as Resource.fr-FR.resx, the file for the german lanaguage as Resource.de-DE.resx, while the file for the english language remains as Resource.resx

Any suggestions?

Mike55.

Last edited:
The master page itself doesn't have a culture - it uses the culture of the content page instead.

Also an identifier of fr-FR will only work for French French i.e. will fail for Canadian French, Belgium French etc. You are probably better just declaring it as fr as this will cover all french regions. Same goes for the German resources - just use de and it should work better.

Worked like a charm, many thanks. All i need to do now is to look for support for the Irish language (Gaeilge). Can't see anything in the language options, but do see the option to add new languages.

Mike55.

Back