Multi-Form ASP.NET 2.0 Page

Nate Bross

Contributor
I have a simple project, with a master page that has a <form runat="server"> in it, all 'content pages' are inside the open and close form tags. I have some stuff in the master page that needs the <form> (TreeView for navigation) and I have some stuff in the content pages that need the <form> (Calander Control for date picking) Everything was working good, until i tried to impliment google adsense search, it requires the following code to be on the 'search' page.

The issue is that this code here requires a form with a specific method (get) and action (search.aspx).

This code below doesn't actually ever do the 'get' when I press the button, because the <form runat=server> seems to mess it up. If I take out the <form runat=server> the code below works, but breaks all of my other C# code behind.

Anyone have any ideas how to make both work at once?
Code:
<form method="get" action="Search.aspx" target="_top">
    <table border="0" bgcolor="#000000">
        <tr>
            <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" align="left" height="32">

</td>
            <td nowrap="nowrap">
                <input type="hidden" name="domains" value="theparadox.zone13.net"></input>
                <label for="sbi" style="display: none">Enter your search terms</label>
                <input type="text" name="q" size="31" maxlength="255" value="" id="sbi"></input>
                <label for="sbb" style="display: none">Submit search form</label>
                <input type="submit" name="sa" value="Google Search" id="sbb"></input>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td> </td>
            <td nowrap="nowrap">
                <table>
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            <input type="radio" name="sitesearch" value="" id="ss0"></input>
                            <label for="ss0" title="Search the Web"><font size="-1" color="white">Web</font></label></td>
                        <td>
                        <input type="radio" name="sitesearch" value="theparadox.zone13.net" checked id="ss1"></input>
                        <label for="ss1" title="Search theparadox.zone13.net"><font size="-1" color="white">theparadox.zone13.net</font></label></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <input type="hidden" name="client" value="xxxxxxxxxxxx"></input>
                <input type="hidden" name="forid" value="1"></input>
                <input type="hidden" name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1"></input>
                <input type="hidden" name="oe" value="ISO-8859-1"></input>
                <input type="hidden" name="cof" value="GALT:#3399FF;GL:1;DIV:#666666;VLC:FFFFFF;AH:center;BGC:000000;LBGC:FFFF00;ALC:FFFFFF;LC:FFFFFF;T:CCCCCC;GFNT:FFFFFF;GIMP:FFFFFF;FORID:11"></input>
                <input type="hidden" name="hl" value="en"></input>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</form>

The page can only contain one visible server-side form.
So if you can put the Google form outside the main page form, then it should be working fine.

Or you may add the onclick handler to the submit button to submit the specific form. In that case you should also add name or id attribute to that Google form. If that don't work, change that input type to 'button' instead of submit.

Code:
<form name="googleForm" method="get" action="Search.aspx" target="_top">
<input type="submit" name="sa" value="Google Search" id="sbb" OnClick="document.forms['googleForm'].submit();"></input>

Give it a try, it should work :)

Back